Job OpportunityBosnia and Herzegovina Local Governance Assistance Activity (LGAA)
Regional Advisor for Trebinje
The USAID/Bosnia and Herzegovina Local Governance Assistance Activity (LGAA), implemented by Tetra Tech with subcontractor Development Professionals, Inc. (DPI), is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to fill six positions as Regional Advisors on the newly awarded five-year USAID Local Governance Assistance Activity (LGAA). The purpose of LGAA is to strengthen the performance of certain local government units (LGUs) through multi-year technical assistance and capacity development to better plan for, manage, and improve service delivery, promote sustainable local development, and increase transparency and accountability to citizens and businesses.
The project seeks experienced candidates to serve as: Regional Advisor (Trebinje). This position will be based in or around Trebinje, with local travel anticipated (approximately 80 percent of the time in assigned areas).
Position Description: Working under the direction of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Regional Advisor will serve as the first line of communication with partner LGUs, helping to manage LGAA operations and providing technical assistance and support for implementation in LGAA’s three objective areas. The Regional Advisor will be deployed in the Trebinje regional reform cluster, allowing for flexible, local, and site-based implementation. The Regional Advisor will:
- Work closely with the LGAA Objective Leads to achieve results for the LGAA Objectives 1, 2, and 3.
- Support the design and implementation of all activities under the three LGAA Objective areas in partner LGUs.
- Assist with activity planning and resource coordination to achieve Objectives 1, 2, and 3 deliverables according to the established schedule.
- Support the organization of and coordinate the delivery of training, coaching, and learning activities that build partner LGU capacity in public service delivery, local economic development, and citizen engagement and responsiveness.
- Lead or participate in technical trainings, workshops, seminars, and related activities sponsored by or relevant to LGAA, and present relevant information and analyses.
- Ensure the integration of cross-cutting themes and support learning activities in partner LGUs.
- Respond to pertinent information requests from partner LGUs and other relevant organizations/institutions.
- Cultivate and sustain productive working relationships with local government officials, civil society leaders, private sector representatives, and donor assistance providers in partner LGUs to help achieve LGAA results.
- Support compliance, reporting, development of annual work plans, and other issues required for successful project implementation.
- Support and/or oversee the collection of data as outlined in LGAA’s approved Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Travel regularly within assigned LGUs to effectively carry out assigned tasks and responsibilities. The Regional Advisor is expected to spend at least 80% of his/her work time in his/her assigned LGUs.
- Draft briefers and reports on assigned topics related to LGAA activities; and regarding political, economic, social issues and events occurring in assigned LGUs, as requested.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, such as Public Administration, Public Finance, Community Organizing, Social Science, or relevant field.
- Minimum two years working with local governments in BiH on topics related to service delivery, accountability, anti-corruption, citizen engagement, and/or local economic development.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to make lasting and productive relationships with government, private sector and civil society actors.
- Outstanding facilitation and communication skills.
- Strong technical and administrative organizational skills.
- Fluency in the English Language (written & oral) and fluency in Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian.
- Driver License preferred.
To be considered, applicants must submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title and location in the subject line. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the ideal candidate is identified. The final candidate selection (including desired rate) will depend on client approval.
Development Professionals, Inc. is a woman-owned small business providing technical implementation and analytical services for DRG and related sectors. We are a growing firm with both long-term field projects and short-term applied research activities around the world. DPI is an equal opportunity employer.
Lokacija: Trebinje (Rad iz firme)
Broj izvršilaca: 1
Datum objave: 30.03.2023.
Trajanje oglasa: 30 dana (ističe 29.04.2023.)